Saturday, May 24, 2014

Oh snap - broken clutch lever


Son of a ....! Managed to snap the tip off from the clutch lever. Naturally it was the result of a minor tip over and that in turn was the result of a brain fart extrarodinaire. I don't think anything else was broken, in fact there is not a scratch on the bike. I don't know how long it will take for me to get the spare part, so I will probably have to embark on next weekends  ride with this new sporty and shorty clutch lever.


Removing the clutch lever was pretty straight forward, but putting it back was bitch. There is a small rubber grommet that just refused to go back in it's place. After a lot of swearing and fiddling I managed to get it back though. My technique and tools were probably lacking. I recommend having a certified gynecologist on stand by when frustration gets the better of you.
The clutch lever rubber grommet. 

KTM 690 Enduro R broken clutch lever
The before
I took the lever off and rounded the tip off with a belt sander and gave it some finishing sweeps with a finer grain sand paper. Not good as new but perfectly rideable.

KTM 690 Enduro R rounded off clutch lever
Rounded off clutch lever tip
2014 KTM 690 enduro R at night on the seaside
Moment before it happened


No comments:

Post a Comment