Monday, March 10, 2014

KTM 690 Enduro R USB GPS power plug installation


This is my third bike I've installed the  USB power plug. It has always performed flawlessly. I opted for a Burnsmoto USB socket because it takes less space than a bulky cigarette lighter type plug AND most devices I use (GoPro cameras, GPS navigators, phones etc.) can be charged via USB. I can also use the same compact charging cable for many devices and storage it under the seat.

The 690 Enduro R has a cable for powering various devices ready and hidden behind the headlight. It us just a matter of unscrewing the two bolts on the sides of the headlight and digging the ends out. The one I used was marked  ACC2 which means it's only hot when the key is turned so there is no chance of a GPS to drain the battery if left on unintentionally. (there is also a an always hot ACC1 plug behind there)

I Shortened the wires of the plug, but left some coiled up behind the headlight in case I needed a few inches of play at some point. I did not bother to fasten the plug end to anything. It stays pretty much put as it is now.

KTM 690 Enduro R ACC2 wires
Here is what you are looking for.

You can see the ACC2 marking on the wire


KTM 690 Enduro R ACC2 wires
ACC2 wires

KTM 690 Enduro R burnsmoto plug
Burnsmoto plug
KTM 690 Enduro R Ram Mount ball
Ram Mount ball for the GPS holder

KTM 690 Enduro R with Bags-Connection / SW-Motech GPS mount
KTM 690 Enduro R with Bags-Connection / SW-Motech GPS mount


2 comments:

  1. What GPS do you recommend. My husband has a 2016 KTM 690R. The Tom Tom got bad reviews, is that what you are using now? I want to find one for off road trail riding and also street addresses for when he's on rode. Thanks! LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. le garmin montana 610,610T ou 680 son les top pour les sentier avec carte topo si vous en voulez davantage .....

    the garmin montana 610,610T or 680 is the best for trails with topo map if you want more

    ReplyDelete